FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. BACKGROUND ON ADMIRAL
2. WHY BUY ADMIRAL
3. CONTACTS AT ADMIRAL
4. ABOUT ADMIRAL PRODUCT
6. HOW CLUBS ORDER DIRECTLY FROM ADMIRAL
7. HOW TO SET UP AN ADMIRAL ONLINE STORE
8. CARING FOR YOUR NEW KIT
9. WEB and INFORMATION
10. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. BACKGROUND ON ADMIRAL®:
a. Who is Admiral®? Admiral is an iconic British sports brand with over 100 years of sporting heritage. Admiral's sporting pedigree is unique, in that it introduced the world to the replica soccer kit market in the mid 1970's, a market that exploded and was pioneered by Admiral. The brand was worn by England, Manchester United & many British Premier League teams in addition to most of the original North American Soccer League teams including the original New York Cosmos whose jersey was designed by Ralph Lauren for Admiral.
b. How long has Admiral® been in business? Admiral® has been serving customers since 1914.
c. How big is Admiral® in the USA?
2. We're also the official supplier to many USL Pro (the reserve league to the MLS), USL PDL, NPSL, MASL and are the exclusive supplier to teams in the ASL& UPSL leagues the latter being California's fastest growing league.
3. Admiral® is the exclusive supplier to five US Youth Soccer States and their Olympic Development programs plus US Club Soccer's largest league NorCal Premier Soccer in Northern California.
4. As part of these partnerships, the Admiral brand is worn on the field of play and in training. It is promoted on the kit, around stadia and training grounds and at matches.
d. Where are Admiral Football / soccer apparel product kits made? Admiral operates its own facility with over 100k+ sq. foot of space and 200 full time employees that only work for Admiral. We've improved our sublimation capability with investments in infrastructure including three additional industrial heat presses and another twelve sublimation printers. This has trebled our capacity which helps us speed up the time to market. See the video of the factory on the links below. See a video of Admiral kit being made
e. Do you have retailers that carry the Admiral® brand? Admiral® works with local retailers. Please contact us at email@example.com and detail your address.
f. I am a retailer and would like to carry the Admiral® brand how do I apply? To apply or request further information as a retailer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
g. Do you have a catalogue? The latest Admiral® football / soccer apparel kit catalogue can be viewed on line.
h. What is the price of a team kit? The price of a team kit varies according to the one chosen and the embellishment needed. Please contact us at email@example.com.
i. Where are Admiral® Team Kits made? We make our team wear in our own factory. By manufacturing the apparel team kits ourselves we reduce costs to our customers whilst providing much more flexibility in design and delivery. See this video of product being made; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-HWFVrKQqfhwDvUNgmQxkw
2. WHY BUY ADMIRAL®:
a. Why not buy another brand through a retailer?
1. Admiral is an authentic football / soccer brand; Admiral is a 100 year old sports brand famous for supplying Manchester United and England. See the history of Admiral®.
2. Clubs save money by buying football / soccer apparel kits factory direct. Because of the volumes we manufacture, our clubs save substantially.
- Players stand out on the field with a unique custom kit. See our online kit builder or watch this video https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-HWFVrKQqfhwDvUNgmQxkw
4. Offers shorter lead times, no minimum quantities, no shelf-life, unlimited colours & designs.
b. Easy to buy; we provide our clubs with an online store for all club merchandise so players, coaches, fans can order product for direct delivery.
1. Raise funds for your club; we allow the club to add a mark up to all purchases. Video of Admiral 2015 Online Store - How to Order
2. Broad range = more choice. Admiral has over 4,000 product lines for players and coaches to choose from. We also customize a range of products including; custom logo and colour balls, custom scarves and custom pennants. Others don't offer a complete range.
3. Club Control; Admiral's online store gives the club greater control because the packages are fixed and player numbers are set. The club can view orders online and remind players who haven't yet placed their orders to do so.
4. Consistency; We ensure that all items purchased are consistent across the clubs choice of products and that the logos and branding are consistent. When other brands run out of product they have no choice but to "substitute" for something else which means players and teams don't look consistent.
5. Add-on's; Players can purchase add-on's and coaches can purchase accessories too when needed. When a club need one fill in we can provide it.
6. Try on product; we have a solution called Size It UP which is explained below.
3. CONTACTS AT ADMIRAL®:
How do I contact Admiral®? If you have any question on Admiral® or regarding your order, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Australian Warehouse
- Admiral Asia Pacific
18-22 Micro Circuit
Dandenong South, Victoria, Australia. 3175.
4. ABOUT ADMIRAL® PRODUCT:
a. Do Admiral offer different fabrics for team kit? Today players demand fabrics that are comfortable and have fabulous performance on and off the field. We continue to conduct research for fabrics that do more than just look good. ADMIRAL® offer these high-performance, all-season fabrics:
1. VAPORDRAW: Vapordraw is the latest innovation in sports fabrics from ADMIRAL®. Jerseys made with Vapordraw keep the body comfortable because the fabric is ultra-breathable, fast drying and possesses excellent moisture management properties. Vapordraw has a weave that quickly wicks moisture away from the body. It is also extremely lightweight, which allows for great comfort and freedom of movement.
2. VAPORSOFT: Super soft touch, lightweight, extra comfort.
3. VAPORMESH: Provides extra ventilation to regulate temperature during play.
4. VAPORLITE PRO: "Drop needle fabric" knits a pin stripe in to the design.
5. ACTIVE KNIT: knitted fabric with stretch for comfort & extra flexibility.
These fabrics are engineered to achieve and maintain a comfortable climate between your skin and the soccer uniform. This collection of ultimate moisture management control fabrics is easy-to-care for. They are machine washable in warm or cold water and can be line dried or placed in the dryer on low heat.
b. What is sublimated team kit?
Sublimation allows for full-colour, photo quality images to be added to apparel
for more vivid details & colours. We sublimate many fabrics in order to
manufacture our apparel which includes team wear and various outer wear
Sublimated images last as long as the garment and do not fade or crack over time. Sublimation does not impede the performance of the fabrics. With sublimated apparel clubs & teams can define their identity. We make all sublimated jerseys as Pro Fit.
c. Is the equipment you sell tested? At ADMIRAL® we offer equipment that has not only passed industry tests, but also our high standards. We guarantee our products against manufacturer's defects so you can be confident of contests that are not marred by below standard equipment.
d. Do you offer custom kits and colours? Yes see our online kit builder . Note because socks are knitted in a different fabric to jerseys and shorts which as woven polyester, the same colour may not be an exact match.
e. What types of logos and embellishment do you offer?
1. Direct to garment screen printing.
2. High resolution digital transfer for logos, numbers and names. Note that these logos can fade or crack after 20-30 washes.
3. Vinyl Match numbers are made from a newer soft and more durable vinyl.
4. Woven crests that offer higher definition, are durable, weigh less & can be used many products. Note that these logos are heat applied with glue and can come loose if washed in a hot wash and hot dryer.
5. PU Crest which are very light weight, flexible, water resistant, allows for detail and its super durable too.
6. Direct to garment sublimated numbers which don't fade, peel or crack.
a. How do I get the right size for jerseys, shorts and socks?
1. Please do not use another vendors sizing to determine the sizing of Admiral Products.
2. We do have a fitting room on line for sizing of product. You can use the fitting room, print a measuring tape, and enter waist and chest size to estimate the size of uniforms (this is a recommendation only).
3. If you are on the high side of any size range, you may elect to move up one size if you like your garments to fits lose. Admiral garments are modern cuts which mean that are more fitted to body than older traditional sports shirts.
4. The fitting room is an excellent tool for estimating the size of Admiral Product that you may require. However, it is only a guide. It is not meant to replace sizing samples of the products You should NOT use this "guide" as the sole determinant when buying Admiral products which is why we also supply clubs with sizing samples for try on locally.
b. Are your jerseys and short sizing consistent between designs?
1. Sizes of products for ALL BRANDS often vary based upon the style, age of the garment, intended functionality and price point. Older garments tend to have "more room" than newer garments because as fashions change the style and fit changes.
2. Training garments are more fitted and polo's are differently "patterned" as they are not for "active training". There is a reason for every fit. Think of this like straight leg, skinny or boot cut jeans. The same waist size may seem to fit differently which does not automatically make it an incorrect size.
3. Select our ProFit cut designed for Pro teams, styled to be body fitting or our ActiveFit an open relaxed fit, for extra comfort.
4. One player's (or parents of a player) idea of a proper fit routinely differs from another's and so this is exactly why we offer our clubs the Size it Up program (see below).
c. If there's no local retailer how do we try on product? We provide team kit for try outs and for use as loaner kit through our "Size It Up" program "Size It Up". These Size it UP kit's need to be ordered by the club once the club have approved their kit design. They are produced with the #80 and up on the back. The samples will be kept by the club and taken to tryouts to be used as sizing samples. They will then be used by the club as needed for players who lose their kit, late registrations and late orders. They can be handed out to be kept by the player or used as loaners until their online order arrives. This program will achieve a number of things;
1. It will ensure players who try on samples will be clear about what size they need to order.
2. It ensures coaches, players and parents expectations are met prior to ordering.
3. It ensures replacements are on hand as necessary.
4. It will clearly show the club exactly what you are going to receive before the bulk order process starts. At this point changes can be made but the samples will belong to the club regardless.
d. Do you offer women's fit product?
1. Admiral offer women's shape jerseys. The jersey is the same specification as a men's jersey but in production the jersey is shaped to fit a woman meaning the waist is taken in about 1 ½" on each side.
2. Admiral offer women's fit shorts. They are different to men's shorts in that we decrease the front and back rise, increase the hip slightly and also decrease the length. If a woman wears a men's Adult Medium they will wear a women's Adult Medium but it will be a better fit for a woman's body.
3. We also offer the Athletico ¼ zip pullover in a women's fit. Our women's fit Nova training bra and Albany training jersey are women's fit. We like most other brands find that clubs order unisex training pants and size accordingly.
e. How long is the inseam on the shorts? All shorts are slightly different based upon style and intended fit. A short can have a 3" inseam and the short is longer than others. It is the front and back rise, coupled with the outer seam that dictates the overall length. Take a look at the photos in our catalogue for an idea of how long a short is and how they fit by simply looking at the action images of shorts on players.
6. HOW CLUBS ORDER DIRECTLY FROM ADMIRAL®:
a. What information do you need to send me a quote? Please email us at email@example.com with the following information;
1. Number of teams, field players, goalkeepers and coaches.
2. Confirm what product is needed, for example home (jersey, short, sock) away (jersey, short, sock), warm-up jacket and pant, bag, ball etc.
3. Confirm the colours (1st, 2nd, 3rd priority)
4. Confirm your preferred style - choose from our catalogue
5. Send us high resolution logos (club logo, sponsor logos) and explain what logos you need and where you would like them on the kit.
6. Confirm when kit is required.
b. What artwork do you need to design a team kit? We need logos in .EPS, .AI, or .PDF format together with the information above in order to mock up your kit. Please read this PDF file for further information.
c. Who can place orders on behalf of our club directly with Admiral? It is important we get instruction from one person in the club on orders. Otherwise we find we can get different people in the club giving us conflicting or confusing instruction. This can lead to mistakes which we obviously want to avoid.
d. How do I know you have received my order? When the club's Account Manager enters an order they will send the club an order confirmation. This confirms all the details of an order and the pricing. You should read this carefully to ensure we have correctly interpreted your requirements.
e. Would you sponsor my club or league? The success of Admiral® allows us the chance to invest in sponsorship and unique partnership programs that are designed to be supportive and beneficial for everyone. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
f. When do you take payment for our club order?
1. Order approval; Following receipt of the order confirmation, we ask that you send an email to your Account Manager approving all details within the order confirmation. If you don't get an order confirmation to approve the order, this means that it is not in our system. If you don't approve the order confirmation, we cannot move to the next stage.
2. When do I pay for product? On order your Account Manager or our credit department will ask for a deposit of 35% of the order value. Once the order is picked, packed and ready to ship, Admiral will contact the Club for the balance of the payment to include the freight amounts. When the payment is made the order will be shipped using UPS. We can't calculate the final cost before the shipping is calculated as this varies according to the size of the box, weight, delivery address etc.
7. HOW TO SET UP AN ADMIRAL® ONLINE STORE:
a. How do I get an Online Store Setup?
1. We will create the Club's online store at no cost to the Club. It is a detailed and time consuming process to create and enter custom photos and packages. Please allow your account manager up to 30 days to set up a unique online store for you. If your store requires changes, please allow an adequate amount of time to make these changes. Obviously changes slow the ordering process and so it is important to review all information given up front to determine is accuracy. The Online store is a way to create a new revenue stream for the Club.
b. When do we get the web store link and what do we do with it? When the kit design is approved, we generate online descriptions, photographs of product and upload roster information. Then your Account Manager will send you your web store link to be published on your website and sent to parents. It is the club's responsibility to publicize this link. We will also provide you with Admiral Logos to put on your website to draw attention to the link. Please check the link and site for any errors and if you have questions call your Account Manager. Please then send your Account Manager an email approving the site to "go live". You will also be sent an "administrator" link with password. This is for the club only and not to be distributed. This allows you to track purchases and remind players who have not ordered kit.
c. How long from when the store opens do players have to order? With the store set up and the roster information entered, we launch the online store for ordering and set an order deadline. On the top of the home page of your web store there will be a countdown clock that counts down to the order deadline. Regardless of whether a player orders on day 1 or day 7 we collate all orders and begin production once the deadline has been reached.
d. How do we explain the online order process to players? A detailed video showing how to use the online store which is located on the Club's website.
8. CARING FOR YOUR NEW KIT:
a. How do I wash & care for my uniform? Care instructions for apparel must be followed. It is important you follow care instructions when washing product to avoid damage to items;
1. Do not dry clean the uniforms.
2. Do not pile sweaty uniforms in a bag or locker. This will lead to colour migration of dark colours onto light colours.
3. Wash all uniforms as soon as possible after each use.
4. Remove belts and pads from the uniforms before loading the uniforms in the machine.
5. Separate the uniforms by colour to form different loads.
6. Turn the product inside out - before putting it into the washer. This will help protect any names, numbers or patches.
7. Pre-soaking is essential in getting items clean, rinse off items to remove as much loose dirt and mud as possible.
8. Do not use chlorine bleach on items, it is not effective for polyester fabrics and can even damage the material.
9. Do not wash items with other clothes.
10. Wash in cold water, never use hot water this can damage lettering and numbers. Hot water will set stains such as; blood, sweat and grass stains and make them nearly impossible to remove. Pre-soaking techniques will usually take care of stains.
11. Never put apparel in a dryer, lay flat and hang dry. High heat causes shrinking, sets in stains and fades colours;
12. Do not iron the uniforms
13. Please read this general information and product care instructions
b. Do I have to wash Sublimated kits differently? The sublimation dye process uses heat to transfer a specific design to the garment. Therefore, please take extra precautions when applying heat in any manner to sublimated team kit. Inks can be re-activated at higher temperatures causing the design to "transfer".
9. WEB and INFORMATION:
a. Do you share my e-mail with other companies? Our mailing list, e-mail lists and any other personal and purchase information is kept confidential and is not exchanged or sold to any other company.
b. Is your web site a secure site? Our security and privacy are important to us. We update our security and privacy programs to include the latest technology that encrypts your personal and purchase information as it is transmitted over the Internet. We do not release any personal or purchase information to any outside company or organization.
c. Are cookies used? Cookies are only used in the shopping cart. This is for your convenience so information does not have to be duplicated on other Admiral® web pages. You will not be able to use our shopping cart if you have cookies disabled in your browser. For your security, your Session (shopping cart and log in) will expire after 20 minutes.
10. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
I am a coach and want to promote Admiral Products? Help spread the word about Admiral's new range of products with your club. The easy way to generate revenue for your club. Please email us at email@example.com
for more details about our admiral ambassador program.